Saturday, July 26, 2014

Fighting Body Pain - You are NOT alone

I'm documenting my fight today on my Intagram and Facebook accounts. You can find me under "Fibrocombat" on Instagram and at www.facebook.com/sherri.kohls for Facebook.
I'm having a super crappy fight with Fibro and Allodynia these last 2 days.




I had my aunt who is a #fibrocombat warrior contact me today with a question on cloudy days. Here is what I shared:

"Yep, same here. The barometric pressure changes cause the actual air pressure around the human body to change. For people with chronic pain challenges such as arthritis, Lupus, MS, Fibromyalgia, and many more...the change in weather can intensify their symptoms. That's one reason I HATE to fly. The airpressure in the plane is like being squeezed by a boa constrictor. My legs and feet usually swell so badly. I've learned to wear compression socks to fight that. Some tips are: IF your Dr. approves it and it's safe to then take a 2nd dose of your pain meds, alternate heat & cold to particularly painful areas, and as crazy as this sounds TRY to make yourself cry. The chemicals released in the brain actually help alleviate pain in the body when we cry. I will usually make specific time to have a few minutes to 1/2 an hour to let myself have a good cry. Afterward I can literally feel a "wash" of release come over my muscles & joints and I can manage a little better. Love you!"

No comments: