Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fighting Nausea Without Medications


Hello Everyone,
I found a good article at Science Daily regarding using the P6 acupressure point in the wrist to relieve nausea and vomiting.
The reason I'm sharing it with you is because I've personally used this pressure point several times over the past nine years to relieve nausea (especially after surgeries and also after a cervical epidural ).
For me it has worked and so I wanted to let you know about it so that you could see if it may work for you too. Many of us with Fibro and/or chronic pain experience nausea from pain flare ups, dizziness, and/or medications. Hopefully this can be one more tool to help manage your symptoms.

**********************
ScienceDaily (Apr. 16, 2009)"Up to 80 percent of patients who have surgery complain of nausea and vomiting afterwards, but stimulating an acupoint in their wrists can help reduce these symptoms, finds a new evidence review..."
**********************

All my best to you,
Sherri

No comments: