Monday, January 5, 2009

* A New Beginning * Happy 2009!

My Dear Friends,

First let me wish all of you a very happy new year! I pray that this new year will bring you blessing, peace, and a sense of refreshment and renewal physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

I have not written for quite some time except for my Christmas post. As is so often the case with me, there are times in my life when I feel the need to "go away" and deal with issues in solitude until I'm able to contribute and give back to others again more often than not from learning through my own experiences. This has been the case for me over the last month or more.

On February 23rd, 2008, my younger brother was killed in a motorcycle accident two days before his 33rd birthday. Neal was one of my very closest friends and confidants in life. He was much more than just my brother. As a person, Neal enriched my life in so very many ways and I love him dearly.

It's taken me all of this time to start the process of mourning because the event was so devastating to our mother. In many ways I not only lost him, but her as well. However, because I have been in a state of caring for her and being there to support her, I pushed my own feelings and emotions aside in order to "function" as a mother, wife, and daughter. I felt that if I allowed myself to mourn, I would not be able to care for my children effectively, give to my husband effectively, or be able to support my mother effectively until she was at least functioning on a somewhat "normal" level again.

The upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays slammed home my feelings of loss over Neal and I just didn't have anything to contribute to my blog because I literally couldn't talk to you about anything worthwhile regarding Fibromyalgia or Allodynia and managing life with those challenges. I simply didn't have it in me, and I didn't just want to write "fluff" for you.

I have had to allow The Holy Spirit to lead me through each situation because I felt lost and out of control....adrift on the sea of emotion and questions. I feel "unfinished" over Neal because I didn't get to say "good-bye" or get ready to have him go home to His Lord. There was no opportunity to make sure there was nothing undone or unsaid between us. Although I know my brother loves me very much, still there is that normal yearning to tie up any loose ends and be able to let go until I see him again one day.

Additionally, because of the increase in emotion and pain, my body of course reacted with Fibro flare after flare and an increase in Allodynia symptoms. I haven't been or felt strong for quite a while.

Have I failed in my mission to reject Fibro and Allodynia in my body and have I failed to pray against them effectively as my blog has asserted? No. I have not failed. I think it's important to share that while there are many, many people who experience a complete and instant healing from The Lord....there are just as many who, for a period of time, go through a process of healing that takes a little longer. Each person is different, but the faith of each person remains true.

I have complete and utter confidence that I will be free of Fibromyalgia and Allodynia at some point in my life. I don't think of it as just a "nice idea" but as an absolute truth (as my awesome father-in-law shared with me last night.) I know that I know that I know that at a given point in my life, I won't suffer from these two ailments any longer. When will that happen? I don't know and what's more, I'm comfortable not knowing. I have peace about the process because I have been assured by The Lord that there is value in what I'm going through and treasure to be found in the experiences I face until that day arrives. I have found many, many treasures out of this experience already. One of those treasures is all of you. Because of Fibromyalgia and Allodynia, I have been able to meet you, share with you, and encourage you. I have found help and been able to offer help as well. The ability to communicate with others and uplift one another as we travel this road together is an awesome treasure to me.

On that note, I have something to share with you that I'm just busting at the seams over! You know that I'm constantly looking for ways to have (my famous saying) "quality of life". Well one of those areas is in marriage. Fibromyalgia and/or Allodynia symptoms are often inflamed by stress or intense emotion. Peace in life is a very effective tool that we need in order to manage our body pain effectively. Our relationships are one of the most vital and important parts of our lives and anything that helps us to improve them or overcome challenges within them, in my opinion, is a "Must Have".

I have to tell you about a set of DVD's that my hubby got me for Christmas that I've been desiring to have for the past 2 years. Oh my gosh! When I opened that gift I was ecstatic!! You HAVE to go and check out Mark Gungor's "Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage"! website. It will revolutionize your relationships I guarantee it! This guy is SO FUNNY!!! He takes information and makes it FUN to learn. I can't stress enough how valuable what he has to share is.

Mark Gungor is a minister, but he's not your stereotypical minister. No way! Mark has been gifted with a sense of humor that takes marriage seminars and information on relationships into the stratosphere of funny! Lucky for us, he has a radio program, blog, books, DVD's, and downloads at his website that are just top notch in my opinion.

Guys, if you're sick and tired of marriage seminars and experts trying to get you to be "more sensitive" and get you "in touch with your feminine side"...then Mark Gungor is definitely for YOU! Ladies, if you are looking for REAL answers about your man.... Mark Gungor is definitely for you too! Plus, he has an awesome site call the "Flag Page" that can not only help you to see your loved one more truthfully and fully, but it can also be used to help you see your children more truthfully and fully as well. One couple was on the verge of losing their teen daughter until her father asked her to complete a Flag Page and he said it saved their lives. Once they were able to see their girl more truthfully and fully, they were able to nurture her in a way that opened her up and completely turned her behavior around!

Let me give you the website here---> http://www.laughyourway.com/ I get NO kickbacks, profits, or any other benefits from introducing you to Mark's site. He doesn't know me from Adam. I simply have to share it with you because it has helped me SO, SO much and my husband and I LOVE him! We love and believe and have been helped by his information so much that we purchased several DVD packages for family and friends as Christmas presents this year.

I have had questions answered about my husband that I and many of my female friends have struggled with since the 'dating' age let me tell you. In one fell swoop years and years of misdirected information was erased by this very gifted minister and I can't tell you how much happier my husband and I are now that we understand each other as human beings on a much better level. Whew!!! Talk about more peace in life! Wow!! You owe it to yourself to check out the website and see for yourself. Anything you purchase is worth each and every penny. In my mind, it's priceless, absolutely.

Well my friends, I have taken up your blogging time quite enough for today, but as Arnold says, "I'll be back"! LOL!!

Many Blessings to You and Here's to Your Success!

No comments: