Sunday, September 21, 2008

*IT'S A NEW DAY!!*

Hello Everyone,

I woke up the past 2 days in excruciating pain and fatigue. I've spent the last 2 days balling my eyes out and losing the hope I try so hard to promote here on the blog. My body has started a downward spiral that is resisting even the medicines my doctors have prescribed for me. This morning I wasn't able to go to church with my family because I literally could not move more than a few moments at a time to even get myself dressed.

As I've been sitting here watching several pastors and ministers on TV (Thank God we still have Christian television!) there has been the same message over and over this morning. Refusing to be stuck in circumstances.... refusing to lose faith in the power and authority of Jesus's Name.

So, I made a decision today. I'm DONE with Fibromyalgia and Allodynia! I'm done with the pain and the fatigue and the prescription medicines and the things I'm losing out on in life. I'M DONE WITH IT!

I stood up and started speaking out loud, "Fibromyalgia and Allodynia I curse you! Get out of my body! Die, die, die!!!! by the power and authority of Jesus's Name!" I stand on Mark 11:23 & 24 (23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.") and Mark 5: 34 (34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.") I stand on Daniel 5:23 at the end where it says ("...the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.")

I changed the name of the blog to Prospering Over Fibromyalgia and I changed the logo picture and my prayer to reflect the fact that I'm not going to live "with" fibro anymore, I'm going to speak out every day against these syndromes and fight AGAINST them in my body. I'm going to go against everything humans think is "rational" and I'm going to believe and grab hold of the power and authority that The Lord gave His followers in His name. No this isn't "mumbo jumbo" or "name it and claim it" for me. I'm simply setting my jaw and refusing to live with these syndromes any more. I'm sick of them and their control over me and I want my body back. I'm stepping out on faith and faith alone and I'm going to turn to my Creator to bring me back to life by His power.

This is a brand new day and a new turn for this blog. There is no other help out there that makes sense because I've tried all there is to try, I've cried out until I can't cry out any more, I've fought red tape and faced road block upon road block in trying to find a cure and a way out of this pain and fatigue. I don't want it anymore! I don't want it for me and I don't want it for you. No, I'm going to take a stand and turn to the only Source of help that makes sense. The One Who created me in the first place and breathed the breath of life into my body to begin with. I'm going to rely on Him and I'm going to rejoice in the whole process!

Are any of you believers out there feeling the same drive to be done with this thing???? Let's lock arms together and pray like we've never prayed before! Let's lift one another up and let's speak out against these cursed syndromes. Just right where you are say "Fibromyalgia, (insert illness) GET OUT OF ME in Jesus's Name! Go and never return! Die and loose your hold on my body! Body you must bow to the authority of Jesus and you must obey Him. Regenerate now, all my cells and atoms from top to bottom, COME BACK TO LIFE! Lord Jesus I believe in Your power and authority over me and I stand on Your Word in Mark 11: 23 &24, Mark 5: 34, Daniel 5: 23, and Acts 17:28. I want to fight for my wholeness Lord so that my life can have meaning and usefulness and hope again. That's what You fought for and died to give me and I won't accept anything less for my life unless and ONLY unless You ask me to accept illness because You have a reason for it and You're going to use it to help others. That is the ONLY way I will accept illness Lord, if it's for You. If I don't have a Word from You that You are working through my illness Lord then I have to believe that it is a curse You do not want for me and I'm standing up against it. Thank You Lord for Your mercy, Your love, Your compassion, Your hope for me, Your purpose for me, and mostly Lord for saving my soul from damnation. I will walk with You my whole life and follow You Lord, no matter what. Please show me today what direction You want me to follow. Amen."

3 comments:

God's Girl said...

Sheri,
I just wanted to thank you for your encouraging words. You really blessed my heart. Thank you!

I know that life can be so difficult when we are in chronic pain or so fatigued that we are immobilized.... yet God said, "My grace is sufficient for you (and me)." No matter how we feel, God is with us!

Thank you again for your encouragement!

Lord, I pray for Sheri. I pray that You would heal her body! I pray that You would be her strength and her comfort through the most difficult times. Allow Your grace to be sufficient for her every need!

Thank You God for this sweet sister. Amen

Love to you sweet friend!

S.Lynn Kohls said...

Oh girl, you just bless me to no end. Of all the Pastor's wives I've had the pleasure to meet, I've never met one who made herself so available to her church and to each individual woman on a personal basis as you have. I'm so grateful for you and Todd and for your leadership in our Church Julie. I love you very much!

EV Satie said...

Thanks so much for your honesty! I too am done with illness- but I am learning that fighting against it and saying no to it doesn't work. The key is to focus on wellness and what it felt like to feel good. It has already made a huge difference for me.