Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Sorrow of Fibro

Hello Everyone,

I'm writing to you today possibly more to vent than anything else I must confess. I'm in the middle of a Fibro/Allodynia flair and this is the second strong one in two weeks. I haven't slept well for tossing and turning and the frustration is just unbelievable. I know you know what I mean.

My husband wanted to go out last night and we couldn't because I was in so much pain. You know, it's difficult to watch what Fibro and/or Allodynia (or for that matter any condition that robs one of the quality of life) steals from our friends and loved ones of us. I find myself becoming more and more sorrowful at times when I can't function to do normal things. That's one of the reasons I started this blog. It helps me remain in balance and keep my perspective.

This morning my husband vented about not being able to make plans with me because we always have an "if" hanging over our heads about how I may feel on a given day or time. I know he didn't mean to hurt me with what he said..... but it did hurt. It hurt because it was embarrassing and because at such a young age we should be able to go out and have adventures and experience life together like a normal couple. I get angry sometimes because I have all of my body parts... and they SHOULD be working properly! Augh!!!

sorry.....

Friends, the important thing about any condition that limits us... is to KEEP TALKING. I understand the extra burden of having to explain ourselves all of the time.... believe me. However, educating our friends and loved ones about our condition(s) is a huge step to awareness and helping them to deal with the situation as well. There are going to be times that they become frustrated and feel hopeless and it's completely normal for them to feel that way. They love us and want to spend time with us and have fun doing things together.

When you lose out on a opportunity such as I did this weekend.... make sure to take another opportunity as soon as you can. Don't give up and stop fighting for your quality of life. Fight back by giving yourself the gift of time as soon as possible after facing a loss of activity with those people who are important to you. Make sure to tell them that you aim to make time with them as soon as possible when you feel better. It gives you hope and it gives them hope too.

Here's to your success!

No comments: