Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fibromyalgia Pain Management!

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick story to tell with an ALERT attached to it that may help you.

This past week my husband and I took our kids to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It's a 51/2 - 6 hour drive from where we live... so I was pretty apprehensive knowing my pain would most likely flair without a few stops to stretch out and move my muscles. Not only that, but the prospect of all 8 of us in one van, managing 6 excited children, and looking forward to but also dreading the "payback" of enjoying all of the fun at Six Flags was looming on my mind.

4 days of intense fun, walking, climbing, and the bombarding fun of roller coaster thrill after roller coaster thrill took it's toll on my Fibro symptoms to be sure. I had shin splints, blisters, and nagging muscle bruising and soreness ALL OVER. The ride home was NO fun, but I didn't complain out loud.

Note: *(Make a promise to yourself to try and keep from constantly talking about your pain. I found out first hand that it makes our loved ones and friends feel helpless and tense because they can't do anything to help get rid of our pain most times. It's a different kind of "awful" for them. Keep "symptom talk" to a minimum. State it when appropriate and necessary, but be diligent to keep from describing everything all of the time. Let's face it, we Fibrofighters feel pain 24/7 and we could talk for days and days and still not describe or get across exactly how it feels to those who don't have it, amen? I discovered that when I am diligent about keeping my stated pain feelings to a minimum, my caregivers and friends are more alert to hear me when I need them too because they have not become "numb" to hearing it over and over.)

Okay, so back to the story... Last night we arrived home at about midnight and every part of me was physically exhausted and in severe muscular pain. I had fun with my family,...but I was PAYING big time! I absolutely detest the simple things Fibro robs from us, don't you?

At any rate, my son reminded me about a homeopathic remedy he has tried several times for muscle soreness. He had me pick some up the last time we visited Sprouts. He encouraged me to try it out to see if it would help me any.

***HERE'S THE ALERT***

Arnica Montana 6x by Hylands (**I'm not endorsing this particular website, I simply want to be able to show you a picture of what the product looks like. Please shop carefully before making purchases online) The bottle is only about 2 1/2-3 inches tall so when looking for it, check the shelves well.

I took Arnica Montana 6x by Hylands as directed on the bottle (Adults: Dissolve 4 tablets under the tongue 4 times a day. Children: Dissolve 2 tablets under the tongue 4 times a day) and I have to tell you I HAVE NO PAIN. No nothing.... no shin splints, no severe muscle pain, no aches, no swelling, and my blister pain after relieving the fluid pressure is almost at zero.

I highly recommend trying this product as directed for relief from muscle soreness. I haven't felt this much relief without traditional OTC or RX medication. I feel almost "normal" ! I say "almost" because I still have fatigue and dizziness that I experience on a day to day basis, however the pain and "flu-like" symptoms I normally feel every day are not present today after taking Arnica Montana 6x.

For more information I recommend doing Google searches under "Arnica Montana", "Arnica Montana for Fibromyalgia Pain", and "Arnica Montana 6x"

I know I'll be sticking this little bottle in my cupboard and in my purse from now on.

Here's to your success!

No comments: